Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gracious.

I went for coffee (if you can call it that) last night with BR. We went to Tim's and literally talked for 3 hours straight without any sort of drinks in hand. We just talked, and talked. It was so nice to catch up with him.
BR is that boy I've always connected with. There's a chemistry there. I remember meeting him my first day of PSI. He was in my class and I was like damn that guy's sexy. We spent every day together from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. And we clicked immediately. We talked all the time when we weren't together and we just never lost things to talk about. He has been through a lot and it hasn't shaken him. His dad is gay, his brother has some special needs and still he is one of the most grounded people I have ever met. Nothing phases him. I've watched him sit through some pretty brutal conversations and while I know he's flustered with other people, he never says it. He never snaps, he is always calm.
I remember when I found out he had a gf. I was kind of devastated because he was just that perfect guy. He was intelligent, kind, funny, athletic with just enough asshole. Even TK was like what, he has a girlfriend? Most of the people in my class SN etc. were all shocked too because they were like but you guys are inseparable? It's funny because DVZ had a huge crush on him months before that. She never knew he had a girlfriend either.
He doesn't talk about R much. And I think that's how I know I could never make a relationship work with him. He never brought her to anything we'd do as a group. He never really spoke about her. And it's been explained to me that they're both just very secure in their relationship and that to them, it's no big deal. I've partied with them and I honestly love R. She is a great girl and I am so happy for them.
I think it's just more that there's always been that connection. We just click. And those kind of friendships are so rare. I just miss that. It is kind of like when TC and I were friends, or sunshine. It just clicked.

No comments: