Tuesday, March 30, 2010

i'll be twenty-three.

do you ever feel like you've lost yourself? or like you've forgotten the person you used to be? i won't say that i don't like the person i've become and some of the changes i've made. but i sometimes miss the girl i used to be. i feel like i've lost the thing that spoke to my soul. and i need to find that place again, the place where i felt most me. in a way, i'm really excited for school to be over soon. not just because the school work will end, and i'll have a job again that i love. but because i'll have four months to immerse myself in my roots. four months to remember the things that are important to me. at the same time i'm scared, i don't want to fall back into his rut. but i need to be the liberated form of the girl i used to be. because i miss her, and i miss the things that inspired her. the things that made her believe.

No comments: